Every year for Mother’s Day, my family along with my aunt’s family go out to a nicer place for brunch. Before, we’ve gone to the Omni and other like places, but this year we tried something a little different. This year, we went to Kris Bistro. I’ve never been before and I thought the concept of it was pretty cool. So in case you don’t know, Kris Bistro is a restaurant and a culinary school. The culinary students are the ones preparing the food, which I guess is supposed to be like French cuisine.
It’s actually pretty funny, the outside of the building is kinda shady, but the inside is nice. The way that the restaurant was set up for today was that they provided a preset menu. They then had the dishes placed at different “stations.” Besides that, they also had a la carte omelettes and mac and cheese and chicken tenders for kids. I took pictures of everything except the mac and cheese and chicken tenders.
This is something different for my family because we’re not used to the tiny portions. Though they were small, it was surprisingly filling. I enjoyed most of the food, my favorites being the Grilled Hangar Steak, the French Oyster Nacho, and the Créme Brûlée French Toast. Even my mom liked the food, which is saying something since she is the pickiest person known to man.
So now that I’m done talking about the restaurant, I’ll get on to the outfit.
What I’m Wearing:
- Dress- Fire Los Angeles from Marshalls
- Belt- Forever 21
- Shoes- American Eagle from Payless
- Face- Diorskin Nude Foundation in 030 Beige, Almay Clear Complexion Concealer in 300 Medium
- Brows- NYC Brow Pencil in Dark Brown, Chella Eyebrow Defining Gel
- Eyeshadows- Flower Créme Eyeshadow in Mum’s the Word, Urban Decay’s Chopper, Foxy, Bootycall, and Deeper, L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Amber Rush, MicaBeauty Shimmer Powder in Earth, and the third color from the Maybelline Trio in Bronze Haze
- Eyeliner- Be a Bombshell felt tip liner in Onyx
- Lashes- DiorShow primer and Flower Zoom-In Ultimate Mascara
- Lips- L’Oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain in Endless Red
If you’re still with me, I hope you enjoyed this post! I know this one quite long in comparison to my other OOTDs. For you mothers out there, I hope you had a great Mother’s Day!
How was your Mother’s Day? Did you do anything special?