I’m not much of a cook, but fortunately, my mom is! Today, she was trying to cook bratswurst and prep the eggplant she was going to bake, and she had yet to start on the salmon that she needed to cook. Since I wasn’t doing anything, I asked if she needed any help. Knowing of my minimal to almost non-existant skills in the kitchen, she gave the most basic task. I was to bread the eggplant. Making this is the most simple thing on Earth, and it tastes delicious! I’m not a big eggplant person, but when prepared this way, I’m convinced anyone woud like it!
My mom had a recipe for this before, but she lost it, so now she sort of wings it. Because she “wings it” none these measurements are particularly accurate. Obviously, depending on the size of your eggplant(s), you would need more or less eggs/olive oil/bread crumbs.
- 1 eggplant
- 2 eggs
- Olive Oil
- Bread crumbs (My mom used the Italian kind from Kroger. Granted, these can get a little salty, so you can mix in the plain ones to fix that)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Wash and slice your eggplant. In my opinion, the thinner it’s cut, the better. When it’s thinner, it gets crispier.
- Drizzle some olive oil in a bowl. Lightly coat the eggplant slices in the olive oil, on both sides.
- Crack your eggs in a whole and whisk them until the yoke is broken up. Dip the slices of eggplant in the egg, on both sides.
- Pour some bread crumbs in to a pan. Coat both sides of the eggplant with the bread crumbs.
- *optional: Depending on what she wants that day, sometimes my mom adds a little lemon juice on each slice.
- Place your breaded eggplant slices on a cookie try and place it in the oven. My mom places it on the bottom rack.
- Leave the eggplant in the oven for 10 minutes or until crispy. Once time is up, flip the over and repeat
So, that’s it! Quick and simple, right? Like this post if you want more like this and comment if you try it out!
Every year for Mother’s Day, my family along with my aunt’s family go out to a nicer place for brunch. Before, we’ve gone to the Omni and other like places, but this year we tried something a little different. This year, we went to Kris Bistro. I’ve never been before and I thought the concept of it was pretty cool. So in case you don’t know, Kris Bistro is a restaurant and a culinary school. The culinary students are the ones preparing the food, which I guess is supposed to be like French cuisine.
It’s actually pretty funny, the outside of the building is kinda shady, but the inside is nice. The way that the restaurant was set up for today was that they provided a preset menu. They then had the dishes placed at different “stations.” Besides that, they also had a la carte omelettes and mac and cheese and chicken tenders for kids. I took pictures of everything except the mac and cheese and chicken tenders.
This is something different for my family because we’re not used to the tiny portions. Though they were small, it was surprisingly filling. I enjoyed most of the food, my favorites being the Grilled Hangar Steak, the French Oyster Nacho, and the Créme Brûlée French Toast. Even my mom liked the food, which is saying something since she is the pickiest person known to man.
So now that I’m done talking about the restaurant, I’ll get on to the outfit.
Sorry for this super awks pic, I don’t have anyone to take them for me.
What I’m Wearing:
- Dress- Fire Los Angeles from Marshalls
- Belt- Forever 21
- Shoes- American Eagle from Payless
I hate flash photography… My liner looks crazy, but I have stupid eyelids that are uneven :/
- Face- Diorskin Nude Foundation in 030 Beige, Almay Clear Complexion Concealer in 300 Medium
- Brows- NYC Brow Pencil in Dark Brown, Chella Eyebrow Defining Gel
- Eyeshadows- Flower Créme Eyeshadow in Mum’s the Word, Urban Decay’s Chopper, Foxy, Bootycall, and Deeper, L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Amber Rush, MicaBeauty Shimmer Powder in Earth, and the third color from the Maybelline Trio in Bronze Haze
- Eyeliner- Be a Bombshell felt tip liner in Onyx
- Lashes- DiorShow primer and Flower Zoom-In Ultimate Mascara
- Lips- L’Oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain in Endless Red
If you’re still with me, I hope you enjoyed this post! I know this one quite long in comparison to my other OOTDs. For you mothers out there, I hope you had a great Mother’s Day!
How was your Mother’s Day? Did you do anything special?